- Rosemary Auchmuty, ‘Barbara Babcock: Woman Lawyer: The Trials of Clara Foltz’ in 19 Feminist Legal Studies (2011) 289-291.
- “Free Justice” Inventing the Public Defender, Barbara Babcock, Criminal Justice Magazine, Vol. 27, No. 2, Summer 2012, pp. 26.
- State’s first female lawyer faced trials, by Dianne Hardisty
- Barbara Babcock on Her Clara Foltz Book Tour, by Professor Barbara Babcock, posted by Tomiko Brown-Nagin in Legal History Blog, January 4, 2012.
- 2011 Convention Keynote Address and Awards Program. “Woman Lawyer: The Trials of Clara Foltz” by Professor Barbara Babcock, Part 1 of 3, Part 2 of 3, Part 3 of 3
- Introducing The Recorder’s Women Leaders in the Law, The Recorder, September 12, 2011
- Women Leaders in Law, The Recorder, November 02, 2011
- Natalie Marine-Street, Clara Foltz: California’s Woman Legal Pioneer, Gender News from the Clayman Institute for Gender Research, August 30, 2011.
- Barbara Kate Repa, Woman Lawyer: The Trials of Clara Foltz, by Barbara Babcock, (Book Review), California Lawyer, August 2011.
- Pauline Farmer-Koppenlo, Queen’s Bench 90th Anniversary/Women’s Legal History Lunch, Queen’s Bench Newsletter, May/June 2011.
- Kristina Horton Flaherty, A hundred years later, a trailblazer gets her due, California Bar Journal, June 2011.
- Barbara Babcock, A Pioneering Woman Lawyer, The National Law Journal (2011)
- Barbara Babcock and Clara Foltz: First Women, By Sharon Driscoll, Stanford Lawyer, Issue 84, May 31, 2011
- Gordon Bakken. Review of Babcock, Barbara Allen, Woman Lawyer: The Trials of Clara Foltz. H-Law, H-Net Reviews. May, 2011.
- Shelf Life, Stanford Magazine, May/June 2011.
- Clara Foltz and the Role of the Public Defender. Presented by the Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles, April 21, 2011.
- Mueller formally elevated to Sacramento’s federal district court
The Sacramento Bee, March 12, 2011
- Posting of Karen Tani to Legal History Blog, http://legalhistoryblog.blogspot.com/2011/03/more-on-babcock-woman-lawyer-more-on.html (Mar. 2, 2011). (“More on Babcock, “Woman Lawyer”; More on Historians and Public Engagement“).
- Posting of Mary L. Dudziak to Legal History Blog, http://legalhistoryblog.blogspot.com/2011/02/babcock-woman-lawyer-trials-of-clara.html (Feb. 15, 2011). (“Babcock, Woman Lawyer: The Trial of Clara Foltz“).
- Recommended Sources: “Barbara Babcock, Woman Lawyer: The Trials of Clara Foltz“
Second Class Justice [web log comment]. Retrieved from http://www.secondclassjustice.com/?page_id=252 (Feb. 28, 2011)
- Double X Book of the Week “Woman Lawyer” by Barbara Babcock
by Dahlia Lithwick, Double X Blog, February 11, 2011
- Barbara Babcock on her book Lawyer: The Trials of Clara Foltz
Rorotoko, January 26, 2011
- Barbara Babcock Featured interviews on Rorotoko
Rorotoko, January 26, 2011
- Mary Jane Mossman, Review of Barbara Babcock Woman Lawyer: The Trials of Clara Foltz (Stanford University Press: 2011) in (2010) California Legal History, Volume 5.
Barbara Babcock at UC Davis
Get the Flash Player to see this content.